This Privacy Statement is part of the End User License Agreement (the “EULA”) governing the use of the “GoTab” iOS or Android Web Based Application (collectively, the “Web App”) and the website www.GoTab.com (the “Website”). You must be of legal age (over eighteen years of age in the United States) to use the Web App and the Website. GoTab, Inc. d/b/a “GoTab” (“GoTab”, “we” or “us”) recognizes that privacy is important and our goal is to protect your private information. By accessing the Web App or the Website, you agree to this Privacy Statement.
Use of InformationInformation and Permitted Uses. Personal Information, Technical Information, Location-Based Information, and Transaction Data are collectively referred to in this Privacy Statement as “Information.” GoTab only processes Information submitted to GoTab through the Web App or to the Website for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or in the EULA. These purposes include: performing functions to pay for outstanding Transactions; improving GoTab’s advertising efforts; delivering marketing communications from Establishments, brands or other third parties; for research and analysis; to improve and ensure the proper functioning of the Web App, the Website, and the services offered through the Web App and the Website; to develop new services or content for the Web App and the Website; to develop new products and services; for GoTab’s internal business purposes; and to protect your rights and the rights of other users of the Web App and the Website. Blind Data. GoTab may use your Transaction Data, as well as Technical Information and Location-Based information to provide, monitor and improve the Web App and to compile, synthesize and analyze this Information, including to generate anonymized usage statistics (“Blind Data”). You hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty free license to use such Information we collect from you to generate Blind Data. If we collect or generate Blind Data, it will be owned by us and we may use it for any lawful business purpose without paying a fee. Any Blind Data will not personally identify you or the source of the Transaction Data.
- Unless GoTab has your express consent or as stated in this Privacy Statement, GoTab does not share Information with any third parties. GoTab, however, may share Blind Data with third parties.
- GoTab does not share Information with any Establishments with which you have not transacted. GoTab shares Information only with Establishments with which you have transacted, including certain of your Personal Information, Location-Based Information, and Transaction Data, to allow the Establishments to fulfill the transaction, as well as to analyze such information and data, to improve their products and services.
- GoTab only shares Payment Information when it is required for a transaction you have initiated at an Establishment. Under no other conditions will GoTab share Payment Information.
- If you close-out a Transaction via the Web App, the Web App will automatically transfer certain of your Payment Information to an Establishment’s payment processor and/or point of sale (“POS”) system vendor (“Payment Vendors”). Your Payment Information will be transmitted in an encrypted form to the applicable Establishment’s Payment Vendors and GoTab will not access, decrypt or store your Payment Information during this transmission.
- We may also provide Information to our agents, technology vendors, and contractors on a “need-to-know” basis for the purpose of performing services for us, such as providing or enabling elements of the Web App. Agents, technology vendors, and contractors who have access to the Information are required to keep the Information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us or as otherwise required by law.
- GoTab and our agents, technology vendors, or contractors may disclose your Information to law enforcement authorities pursuant to a court order or other legal process or if they have knowledge or a reasonable belief that a violation of applicable law has occurred through use of the Web App or the Website.
- If GoTab merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells our assets or capital stock, we may transfer the Information to a third party or share the Information to the company or its agents with which we enter into such transaction as a part of such transaction.
- Should you obtain Information of other users of the Web App or the Website, you are expressly forbidden from sharing such Information with third parties unless you have express written consent from the user whose Information is to be shared. Any sharing of such other users’ Information without their consent is an express violation of this Privacy Statement and the EULA.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the Information.
- Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge and agree that Information is transferred to us with all the risk associated with transferring information over the Internet in general.