Best Restaurant POS Systems
Top Features of the Best Restaurant POS Systems
To deliver the highest quality guest experience, restaurant operators need a POS system that helps them succeed. From giving guests the freedom to choose how they want to order and pay to meeting fast-changing health and safety guidelines, savvy operators are searching for a way to turn a profit and keep their people safe and employed.
GoTab is a restaurant commerce platform built by restaurateurs for restaurateurs. Here is our list.
The Best Restaurant POS Systems Are Contactless
Robust Contactless Self-Service offerings allow your guests to order and pay from their mobile device. Guests browse your branded, customized menu and submit orders from their device, no app downloads required.
The Best Restaurant POS Systems Support Tabs
Tabs let your guests order when and what they want. With this feature, you can earn higher customer spend and lower your transaction processing fees. GoTab is the only QR-based ordering and payment system with native that let guests open a digital tab, share and split the tab and tips, and keep the tab open until it’s time to settle.
Merge Full-Service Dining and Contactless with Mobile POS
With Contactless Dine-In, your servers can do more! Servers can start and add to a digital check, and seamlessly pass it off to your guests. Both servers and guests can add to the digital check simultaneously, enabling your servers to spend more time on what’s important, the guest interaction. When guests are ready, they can close out their tab on their mobile device via Credit Card, Apple or Android Pay. It’s a complete, touchless experience. Guests who prefer the traditional payment process can still pay the old way. GoTab offers a low-cost card-present terminal*.
The Best Restaurant POS Systems Are Flexible
- Add and adjust categories, schedules, images and the order of menu, merchandise or grocery items
- Set up menu modifiers, standard tax and default tip rates
- Enable, disable or 86 items on demand
- Customize menu(s) by “zone” or on-premise location; i.e., patio, dining room, bar, etc.
- Digital-only Deployment – Your restaurant POS should support lightweight installs with no special hardware/software required. It should be able to run on any mobile-enabled phone / tablet / touchscreen.
- Printer Integration – In this model, you can deploy quickly with no additional hardware costs. In addition to digital-only deployment features, you’ll need an inexpensive piece of hardware to allow your POS to talk to existing printers to print prep-chits at designated station(s).
- Integrated Deployment — This model includes all of the required hardware and software to serve as the system of record for all payments and orders. It should support unified menu, inventory and sales reports.
The Best Restaurant POS Systems Are Responsive
Your restaurant POS should support two-way SMS text communication so your guests are always kept informed. That will allow you to respond to guest feedback in real-time. And when it comes to getting support, your restaurant POS system should be open when you are.
The Best Restaurant POS Systems Provide Access to First-Party Data
Restaurants need a set of modern, low-cost tools that help them acquire their own customers instead of relying on expensive third parties. The engine that fuels those tools is the first-party customer data that legacy POS systems don’t retain. The best restaurant POS systems support access to first-party data for opted-in guests. You can use this valuable information to create a direct connection with your guests, which will save you time and money and improve your guests’ affinity for your restaurant.