Contactless Menus (via QR codes) and contactless payment solutions like GoTab experienced exponential adoption throughout the coronavirus pandemic. Restaurant operators moved quickly to put these systems into place. In fact, GoTab’s adoption increased 400 percent in just the first two months (March – April 2020).
Operators that use GoTab for dine-in, take-out and delivery are seeing outsized results*:
- Average +23% larger order sizes compared to counter service
- Process more transactions with less staff — typically 3-5 times more at peak versus traditional POS
- Experience an average ½ Star increase in positive reviews
If you’ve recently started using QR codes for ordering and payment at your establishment, are you seeing these kinds of results?
If the answer is no, there’s help on the way. Check out How Restaurants Deliver Great Hospitality with Contactless Ordering and Payment.
In this piece, Tim covers 8 best practices to make contactless ordering and payment work for your business, including:
- Remember that guests come for the experience.
- Make staff training a priority.
- Map traffic flows and the physical layout of your space.
- Take time to ensure your QR codes are customized and branded for your venue.
Download the Best Practices for Contactless Ordering and Payment eBook to see all of the steps.